NMSU Activity and Aquatic Center COVID-19 Reopening Protocols
Patrons will be REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK/FACE COVERING at ALL times while in the facility and follow all policies and procedures. Failure to follow policies will result in being asked to leave the premises. All facilities require advanced registration through IM Leagues.
Links to Facility-Specific Policies:
Activity and Aquatic Center Policies & Guidelines:
The safety of our patrons and team members is what is most important. NMSU University Rec has always been dedicated to delivering a healthy way of life to the Aggie community, and with a carefully planned and phased approach, we will begin to reopen. Each of us will play an important role in making the Activity and Aquatic Centers a safe experience for everyone.
In accordance with governmental orders and guidelines we are taking extra precautions to help our patrons and staff stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols, enhanced procedures, and social distancing practices within our facility. Patrons will be asked to follow signs and floor decals located throughout the facility to ensure the safety of all. You will notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing.
As part of the re-opening, we have added several safety measures that are in place for our patrons and staff:
- Entrance to the facility will take place on the North entrance double doors and lead you to the front desk to self-swipe into the facility. You will be checked into your reserved facility and directed where to go. When exiting the facility, you will follow the arrows and exit through north entrance double doors.
- All fitness equipment and machines have been safely spaced with at least 6 feet between them. High risk areas of the facility have been temporarily closed off.
- Please practice excellent personal hygiene and wipe down equipment regularly before and after each use. Wipe stations are plentiful throughout the facilities, and hand sanitizer stations are wall mounted in several areas.
- Staff members are undergoing extensive training to comply with COVID-19 policies & procedures. Staff will be constantly monitoring and cleaning machines, equipment, and touch points.
- Patrons are asked to minimize the number of belongings they bring into the facility. Remember to bring your own towel and yoga mat, etc.
Patrons will be REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK/FACE COVERING and follow the safety guidelines posted by the entrance stating that you will abide by all policies and procedures. Failure to follow policies will result in being asked to leave the premises. Patrons must:
- Always maintain 6 feet of social distance
- Wash hands regularly
- Cover face with proper PPE
- Stay home when sick
- Get tested immediately when sick
In accordance with the NM state guidelines as issued by the Governor and guidance from NMSU Leadership, the following areas and amenities of the facility will be temporarily unavailable until we receive further notice:
- Equipment Checkout (Basketballs, rackets, etc.)
- Fitness Studios (Closed for open use)
- Lounge Spaces
- Water Fountains (Water bottle fill stations will remain open)
As we continue to navigate through the reopening of the Activity and Aquatic Centers, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together. If you have a specific concern or you need help locating gym wipes or hand sanitizer stations, please see any Activity or Aquatic Center Staff member. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions or concerns.