The NMSU Aquatic Center contains a 25-yard indoor pool and an Olympic-size outdoor pool. Both pools are heated and are open all year round. Come swim laps or go off the 1 meter or 3 meter diving boards during our recreation time.
In order to swim at the NMSU Aquatic Center, you must be an AggieFit member. If you are not, you can come as a guest of someone who is and pay the daily swim fee of $10.00. Students and AggieFit members are allowed no more than three guests per day. Sponsoring student or AggieFit member must be present at the time of guest’s arrival.
All children 14 years of age or under must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a parent or adult 18 years of age or older (NM EID Reg. 2-102 H4). Flotation devices for small children may be used only in the shallow water, and only when parent or adult is in the water and within immediate reach (arm’s length) of child. Large rafts are not allowed.
Children 3 and under are free with paid adult pass.
Flotation devices are not a substitute for parental supervision. Children under 14 may swim laps with direct supervision from a coach or parent and the permission of the lifeguard supervisor. Children over age three must use the appropriate locker room.
Towel service is not provided. Bring your own towel. Kick boards, fins, pull buoys and flotation belts are available for adult lap swimmers and for use in supervised classes. Children may use university kick boards only when receiving supervised instruction from parents or adult supervisors. University equipment may not be removed from the pool area.
Lockers are available to rent for $10.00 per semester. Locker renewals are conducted 30 days prior to the end of each semester (Fall, Spring and Summer). Items left in lockers that are not renewed will be kept for 30 days, after which items will be discarded.
Lost and Found
Items left at the Aquatic Center will be held for a maximum of 15 days before disposal. NMSU Aquatic Center are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Pool users must adhere to university parking regulations. Parking regulations will be enforced. Lot #44 in front of the pool is designated for faculty and staff only (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM). You must have a faculty/staff sticker to park there. Students with parking decals must park in student lots. Visitors on campus must obtain temporary permits to park. If you are participating in a pool program please take your registration receipt to the parking department at at their new facility located at 725 College Drive (just west of the old building, at the intersection of College & Union). Recommended parking lots for those with visitor permits are lot #39 ( up the hill and east of the Activity Center on Locust ) or lot #48 (just west of the pool by the tennis courts off Williams Avenue).
Visit the NMSU parking web page to get an E-Permit. An E-Permit is a single-day permit that can obtained over the internet without any need to come into the Parking Office. Occasional visitors to NMSU can obtain up to five (5) E-Permits each year. The E-Permit allows visitors to park in the visitor parking, commuter student, and faculty/staff parking spaces, as well as the “All Permit” parking spaces on the main campus.
For more information about parking on campus, visit the Parking Department web page.
Must be associated with New Mexico State University (student, faculty, staff, alumni) or an AggieFit member to make pool reservations. Pool reservations or lane rentals requests must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to date of event. You may do so by filling out the Facility Rental Form. Requests from NMSU department sponsored events will be charged a participant fee of $5.00. Private requests for use during operating hours will only be scheduled during recreation swim time and will be charged $10.00 per guest. Requests for use of pool during non-operating hours will be charged a base fee.
Indoor Pool $175.00 per hour / Outdoor Pool $340.00 per hour.
Saturday: 7:00pm – 9:00pm or Sunday: 7:00am – 12:00pm or 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Please read and follow all rules and regulations as posted in the facility. Staff reserves the right to deny facility access to those who violate rules.
- All members and guests must check in with the desk attendant each time you enter the facility.
- Children age 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult (over age 18). (NMAC Reg. 188.8.131.52D P4)
- Persons with severe cuts, open sores, rashes, skin eruptions or known communicable diseases will not be admitted. (NMAC Reg. 184.108.40.206A P4)
- Except for sunscreen products 6 SPF and above, oils, creams, or lotions are prohibited.
Food, chewing gum, beverages and glass containers are prohibited. (NMAC Reg. 220.127.116.11E3 P4)
- Shower before swimming. (NMAC Reg. 18.104.22.168B P4)
- Use only swimsuits in the water. Tennis shorts or cut-offs are prohibited. T-shirts worn in the water must be white and clean.
- Lifeguard on duty shall enforce rules at all times and under all conditions the lifeguard must be obeyed.
- No one shall swim at any time unless the pool is open and university approved lifeguards are on duty.
- Conduct in the pool area must not jeopardize the safety of yourself or others.
- All non-swimmers are required to identify themselves to the lifeguard and must wear a life jacket at all times while in the water.
- Life jackets and all PFD’s must remain in the shallow end, which is designated with safety lines.
- Horseplay (or dangerous behavior) such as running, shoving, dunking is not permitted.
- Prolonged underwater swimming (for more than 10 seconds) is prohibited.
- All play that interferes with other patrons will not be allowed. No hard balls are permitted.
- Do not dive in shallow water. In less than 10 feet of water, enter water feet first.
- Scuba equipment (except for a mask, snorkel and fins) is not allowed unless used as part of a supervised class.
- Do not use the starting blocks.
- Profanity, intoxication, improper or vulgar behavior and remarks are prohibited. No alcohol or drugs are allowed on the premises.
Persons disregarding pool rules or not cooperating with pool staff may be ejected from the facility. Repeat offenders will lose swimming privileges.