The NMSU Outdoor Leadership Program prepares students to plan, coordinate, implement and lead outdoor recreation activities. Participants receive training in group dynamics, teaching techniques, decision making, risk management, backpacking, rock climbing and Leave No Trace ethics. Join us as we embark on another year of adventures!
The Outdoor Leadership Program is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. In order to participate in the program, participants must acknowledge and meet the following eligibility requirements.
- NMSU undergraduate or graduate student in good standing with two semesters or more left for completion of graduation requirements.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA or above.
- Maintain full time student status during Fall and Spring semesters.
- Lift, balance, and carry personal and group equipment between 35-50lbs.
A qualified student is one who meets the OLP’s eligibility requirements with or without reasonable accommodation. A student with a documented disability is entitled to receive a reasonable accommodation that will effectively enable them to participate in the Outdoor Leadership Program.
For additional information, join us at an informational meeting on August 27th at 6pm at the Outdoor Center in room 108 of the Activity Center, or contact Ben Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are accepted every Fall and Spring semester. Application deadline for Fall 2014 is September 4th, 2014 in room 230 of the Activity Center by 5pm. Applications must include:
- OLP Application Form (download)
- Letter of Interest