The NMSU Outdoor Leadership Program prepares students to plan, coordinate, implement and lead outdoor recreation activities. Participants receive training in group dynamics, teaching techniques, decision making, risk management, backpacking, rock climbing and Leave No Trace ethics. Join us as we embark on another year of adventures!
The Outdoor Leadership Program is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. In order to participate in the program, participants must acknowledge and meet the following eligibility requirements.
- NMSU undergraduate or graduate student in good standing with two semesters or more left for completion of graduation requirements.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA or above.
- Maintain full time student status during Fall and Spring semesters.
- Lift, balance, and carry personal and group equipment between 35-50lbs.
A qualified student is one who meets the OLP’s eligibility requirements with or without reasonable accommodation. A student with a documented disability is entitled to receive a reasonable accommodation that will effectively enable them to participate in the Outdoor Leadership Program.
For additional information, contact Sasha Garcia at email@example.com
Applications are accepted every Fall and Spring semester. Applications must include:
- OLP Application Form (download)
- Letter of Interest
Check back for application dates for the Fall semester!