NMSU Rec Sports offers swim instruction in various learning settings for participants of all ages and abilities. Our certified swim instructors provide customized instruction to best fit the needs of swimmers in a friendly and safe environment. Come swim with us!
Summer Registration is happening NOW!
A community-based instructional program primarily developed for teaching swimming to children beginning at the age of 3. NMSU Swim School is a local partner of Make a Splash. For more information on Make a Splash, please visit:
Level 1: Water Awareness
A water introductory class where swimmers will gain confidence in the water by developing skills that promote independent swimming.
- Prerequisites: None
Level 2: Stroke Development
Swimmers will continue swimming independently while learning the basic mechanics of the freestyle and backstroke.
- Prerequisites: Swimmers must be able to swim five yards independently and without assistance.
Level 3: Stroke Proficiency
Swimmers will refine freestyle and backstroke technique, and learn the basic mechanics of the breaststroke.
- Prerequisites: Swimmers must be able to swim freestyle and backstroke independently for 20 yards.
Level 4: Stroke Refinement and Performance
Swimmers will build endurance, learn the butterfly, and continue refining stroke technique.
- Prerequisites: Swimmers must be able to dive, swim 25 yards of freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke, and tread water for 30 seconds.
Fall 2015 Schedule:
Time Class Cost
1-1:30 pm Level 1 & 2 $80.00
1-1:45 pm Level 3 & 4 $100.00
1:45-2:15 pm Level 1 & 2 $100.00
2-2:45 pm Level 3 & 4 $80.00
2:30-3 pm Level 1 & 2 $80.00
Classes are held on Saturdays:
September 12th-November 14th
Aggie Fit Members: August 19, 2015 at 7am.
Non Aggie Fit Members: August 20, 2015 at 6am.
Registration will be conducted in room 103 of the Activity Center.
Customized swimming instruction for children and adults of all ages, scheduled at your convenience.
- 1 person 30 minutes $30.00 +tax
- 1 person 60 minutes $50.00+tax
- 2 person 30 minutes $40.00+tax
- 2 person 60 minutes $70.00+tax
Request Individual Instruction: